We went to Heber Valley Girls Camp on New Years Eve with my parents, five sisters and their families. We stayed overnight in the (unheated) cabins. We played, ate and had one big poker tournament. On New Years Day we went sledding and ate some more.
Curtis and Drake on the sledding hill.
Curtis and Drake on the sledding hill.
Drake and Zac had to dig out the wood pile from about 3 1/2 feet of snow to get a fire started. Of course they had to dig out the fire pit also. So glad for teenage boys.
Mom and Dad
Some of the gang waiting on the back of a truck to be carted back up the sledding hill.
Kat and Ciara...they weren't much for sledding but they did add comic relief.
Drake and I on the way down. Not going as fast as Drake would've liked.
We had a great time with our family. The missionary caretakers came up in the morning to check on us and informed us that the low was -12 that night...burrrrrrr! We are thinking about St. George for next year...
This is my one Christmas picture. I decided to "Skip Chirstmas". Not entirely of course, but I simplified the decorations, did not make the huge Christmas Eve dinner, kept the shopping to a minimum and didn't even send out Christmas cards. Looking back, this picture was appropriate. I sort of feel like the Grinch! Next year it's back to full steam ahead Christmas! I found I missed the busy and memorable traditions I had skipped for the sake of simplification. I feel my heart growing two and a half sizes already.
I cannot believe you guys braved that FREEZING weather overnight! I'm so impressed :)
ReplyDeleteMan...you're slacking in your blog posting. Sup?
ReplyDelete