Sunday, September 6, 2009

What I Did on My Summer Vacation...Child Labor Laws? What Child Labor Laws??

Mmmmmm, envelopes...thousands and thousands of envelopes. All waiting to be printed, reboxed, and delivered. Sometimes when our print shop becomes really busy we hire our kids to help. (Yes - we pay them with actual cash - not "a roof over your head and food on the table"!) This night we had almost 100,000 envelopes that had to be delivered in the morning. Since the kids had no school in the morning, they got to work all night!

We had both presses running. The kids were feeding the envelopes into one end and Curtis was catching, boxing, press maintaining, and quality control on the other ends. I think it was about 95 degrees in there. "Sweat Shop" - not just a catchy name!
Where was I? Oh well, see, I am the CFO, secretary, picture taker, and Owner's Wife. I rarely actually work! Katherine is the Director of Human Resources and Drake is Production Manager. They are pretty good employees except for the constant nagging for a break room with a pop machine.
Katherine makes printing look good! They all had a good attitude about it and made the work go fast.









1 comment:

  1. WOW - you are soo generous, Personally I would go with the roof over your head and food on the table gig, but to each his own. Seriously, you have great kids. It will be sad to see the print shop go. . . .

    ReplyDelete